For many trips, especially tailormade and private trips, we will already be in contact, however if you are interested in joining a group trip, booking your place is simple:
- Call us on +44 (0)845 0047 801 or email us to check the availability of your chosen expedition and reserve a place.
We can hold you a provisional place for two weeks.
- Complete the booking form and send it to us with a cheque for the deposit (£300 per person) We shall then send you written confirmation of your booking.
- Payment: We shall send you an invoice for the full payment of your holiday, the balance will be required not less than 56 days before you leave.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- The accompaniment of English speaking guides.
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary (based on two or more sharing).
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and soft/alcoholic drinks as stipulated in the itinerary.
- Surface transportation.
- Park and museum entrance fees.
- Airport transfers.
- Activities specified in the itineraries.
EXCLUDED FROM THE PRICE
- International flights and departure taxes unless requested.
- Travel insurance, passport, visa and vaccination charges.
- Optional activities.
- Supplements that may be incurred if single accommodation is required.
Financial Security - ATOL Protection
Pioneer Expeditions holds an ATOL License 10113 under our corporate name: Pioneer Expeditions Worldwide Ltd.
To acquire an ATOL license we have to undergo a very rigorous inspection from the Civil Aviation Authority.
The ATOL license guarantees and protects consumer funds for all our flight-inclusive programmes from the UK . If a tour operator were to go out of business for any reason, the Civil Aviation Authority refunds an monies paid by a customer. And if a client were already overseas in the event of the failure of a travel company, they will arrange for clients to finish their holiday and then fly them home.
The CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) is the closest thing there is to a UK government licensing scheme. The CAA issues licenses to qualifying tour operators and also requires either a bond (an amount of cash set aside) or a price per passenger to be paid for every flight inclusive holiday sold. This is tightly controlled and regulated by the CAA. There are very strict rules involved in acquiring and retaining an ATOL license.
All of our holidays IF booked with flights from are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services are listed on it). Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
If you are not booking a flight with us (or if your flight originates from outside of the UK), you will not be covered by our ATOL license, however instead your monies are held and protected in our Client Trust Account until the completion of your holiday.
Are we members of ABTA?
No - and this is very deliberate. We do not intend to become members of ABTA because it really isn't relevant to us. Here's why...
ABTA stands for the 'Association of British Travel Agents' and we are not a travel agent. It is merely a trade association, one of several organisations (like the Passenger Shipping Association) and is a kind of club for members who have things in common. ABTA is mainly a club for retail Travel Agents, rather than Tour Operators, so it really doesn't apply to us, or our style of operation.