Privacy & Delivery Policy
Pioneer Expeditions Worldwide Ltd have a network of experienced travel industry professionals and local agencies which enable us to create and organise original scheduled expeditions, tailor made trips, group and corporate challenges as well as provide TV expedition logistics.
Our company registration number is: 05781320
Our company VAT number is: 974 5278 76
- Your privacy is important to us. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (“data protection laws”).
- We collect information from you for operational purposes: to help process your booking, brochure, dossier and availability requests, and to help us provide you with a more personal service.
- We use your personal information to provide you with trip information and special offers which we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any of this information please let us know and we will delete your details upon request.
- Upon booking we may disclose any relevant personal information in the form of a manifest to our local agencies and/or tour leaders. This is solely for the purpose of the trip organisation. We DO NOT sell, rent, trade or give away any of your personal information for any purpose.
- We do not store any credit card numbers, so if you wish to use a credit card for any part of a booking (deposit or balance) you will need to phone us with your credit card details. After taking payment, these details will be shredded. .
- Prior to completing your booking form and sending Pioneer Expeditions a deposit, we will reserve a place on a trip for up to 2 weeks to ensure your choice of holiday is available
- Upon receipt of your booking form and deposit we will email you confirmation of booking
- All monies from your deposit and your balance are held securely in a client trust account until successful completion of your holiday.
- Pioneer will send you joining instructions which includes kit list, visa and medical information. It also includes your personal details, flight information, insurance details and next of kin details, so you can confirm these are correct.
- Full balance for your trip is due 56 days before your trip is due to commence. Pioneer will email you an invoice for this balance prior to this date.
- Upon receipt of your balance, Pioneer will email you any final details and vouchers if applicable.
- At all stages between booking and your holiday, we are always happy to assist and will be able to answer any queries by email or phone.
- At time of booking, Pioneer Expeditions will inform you whether the trip has reached minimum numbers to go ahead.
- Occasionally, we may have to cancel a booking. We shall cancel a trip no less than 28 days before the start date. If we cancel, we will offer an alternative holiday or refund all monies paid by you, but we shall be under no further obligation.
- If you cancel following receipt of your written confirmation and invoice, or if you fail to pay the full cost of the holiday within the specified time, you will be liable to pay cancellation charges. These are calculated according to the date when we receive written notification of cancellation or the date upon which your cancellation is treated as occurring because of non-payment. The changes are based upon a proportion of the total cost of the holiday as follows:
More than 71 days – loss of deposit
Between 70 & 56 days – 40% of invoice
Between 56 & 14 days – 90% of invoice
Less than 14 days – 100% of invoice